Friday, 4 April 2014

Week 12 Report/Reflection

Huh.  It's a little weird to think that I've been working on this thing for 12 weeks.  12 weeks has elapsed since my introductory blog post.

Source: https://blogger.googleusercontent.com/img/b/R29vZ2xl/AVvXsEhxZn7y7h8uvuU-Iyd7W9YM6uAIOX8fCtzzHKCrGkZ4ZRaHETkOJuR3VWHZFX_qpw1nRBW_VJHkrsVR45atSGLFfv2S-58ggAw-COKT0jA1aSc_iUG6NsfdvitA5lhE4HmiRDdxvyyv4Osh/s200/wee-bey-gif.gif


It feels like it's been 1/4 of that time to me, but looking back, I've changed and grown in these past 12 weeks moreso than possibly...ever.  My grades have improved, strength gains through the roof and some cool new tools I am now aware of.

After googling myself this week, I was happy to find nothing but my LinkedIn account.  This says to me that I did a decent job of staying relatively anonymous throughout my various internet forum accounts.  The people who want my information from Google are gonna have to do some pretty deep digging.  For now, a casual search of myself only shows me in a positive light, which is a key thing about being a digital citizen.

In order to create quality online interaction, it takes 2 people invested in one another's interests, very much like a conversation in real life.  By being digital citizens and showing kindness and genuine interest towards others, you can have a lifelong digital friend. 

I think the best way to promote appropriate internet behaviour is to lead by example.  Promote your attitude at all times on the internet, respect those that follow your ideology and encourage those that don't.  Lately, I feel as if the users of the internet feel more free to air out their controversial opinions.  It is now more important than ever to cast yourself in a positive light to avoid extremely touchy subject matter with others that do not share your opinion. 

I can help others with digital citizenship via example.  By showing someone a role model digital citizen, there is a batter chance it will rub off onto him/her. 

   

No comments:

Post a Comment