Thursday, 9 January 2014

Hi! My introduction.

Welcome stranger,

My name is Mark Chong.  Currently, I am attending Brock University's Bachelor of Accounting program in St. Catharines, Ontario in pursuit of becoming (you guessed it) a professional accountant.  On weekends, I sometimes go back to my home town of Markham, Ontario to see my friends and family.

When numbers aren't on my mind, I like to indulge in a wide array of interests.

The piano was something I was introduced to as a young child and I played regularly all the way until the end of high school.  Seeing as I cannot fit a piano into my apartment in St. Catharines, I do not really have any other way to continue.  However, I have branched off into many other instruments like the guitar, bass, trumpet and drums and enjoy playing most of them on a regular basis.  When I finish school, I would like to commit more time to learning and improving myself further with these instruments.

On the topic of music, I really enjoy finding new artists and bands, especially indie artists.  My favourite genres of music are rap and indie folk but I am not a stranger to other genres.

Another thing I enjoy doing is lifting weights at my school gym, usually about 3 times a week.  Bringing a gym buddy is even more fun!  Whenever I go home for any kind of school break I also take boxing lessons and spar at least once a week.  I enjoy watching the big PPVs and fighters.
_________________________________________________________________________________

So, you might be wondering why I'm bothering to babble on about myself?  That's fair, I suppose.

I am enrolled in a course at Brock called ADED 1P32 and as a course requirement, I have to maintain a blog over a period of 12 weeks.  This would be that blog.  It is meant to be a tool to track my progress while learning about online behaviours and "digital citizenship".  I am interested in seeing and discovering the many online tools at my disposal to improve my style of the learning and whether it can help me with the difficulties a modern accounting student faces.

That about wraps it up for me.  Stay tuned for more about my adventure through learning.

-Mark


No comments:

Post a Comment